Helping pre-engaged/engaged couples to live
out their vow.
In a recent conversation a young man cynically asked, “Why should anyone get married?” Byron’s quick and direct response of “Because of the sex!” got the college student’s attention.
But we further explained that historically, the institution of marriage has been a bedrock for societies and cultures – mainly due to the benefits for individuals and communities. It was God design from the beginning. With the recently reported perverse sexuality, now more than ever, there is a need for marriage education and healthy sex education for the next generation.
What better place to start than with pre-engaged and engaged couples?
Legacy Family Ministries has become a leading marriage preparation provider. This ministry has touched the lives of many young couples – whether they enter a satisfying marriage, learn to manage conflict, or actually postpone/cancel their wedding.
Since 1995, Legacy Family Ministries has been passing on Biblical principles to the next generation. We exist to serve engaged and pre-engaged couples – to provide hope, direction, and vision.
When God ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society, His design of uniting one man and one woman in a covenant commitment was His unique way of revealing Christ and the church. Marriage works! It was designed to benefit all of humanity.
- Byron and Carla
Countdown is an eight session marriage preparation course with various options to meet your schedule:
- Six Week Class - concludes with a weekend retreat
- Weekender - condensed version in a weekend retreat setting
- One-on-One - meet with a pastor or mentor couple
A small group of engaged couples interact and discuss Biblical and practical teaching concerning marriage.
Hang tight while we look up scheduled events...
We need a whole new way of doing pre-marital counseling for this generation. Each new generation desires meaningful relationships. They want something that is experiential and authentic to provide practical tools to help a marriage work. At Legacy Family Ministries, we believe that there are five essentials that describe the Countdown experience: biblical, experiential, authentic, relational and practical.
These core values combined with an interactive mix of personal stories, visual aids, props, and humor make the Countdown experience a unique way of preparing couples for marriage.
We believe there are five essentials to make the Countdown experience unique.
- Biblical – We believe the Bible reveals principles that govern the way life can be lived to the fullest. Our values are shaped by the truth and existence of God revealed through Jesus Christ and Scripture.
- Experiential – We believe a person learns by doing. Individual, couple, and group learning activities creatively challenge one’s thinking and allow education to take place as the whole person, mind, body, spirit, and emotion, is drawn in to the process.
- Authentic – We believe both leaders and participants must accept their human imperfection. Knowing that our true identity is found in Christ, we can be real, honest, and vulnerable to share the struggles and successes in life and not attempt to hide behind a pretense of holiness or facade of human success.
- Relational – We believe God created individuals to connect with and learn from one another. Our ultimate goal is to create a safe environment for couples to interact, discuss, and possibly debate the subject matter as well as gain encouragement, support, and accountability as they relate to one another.
- Practical – We believe our course of action should involve applicable life change and not be problematic to live out. As a foundation is built, it is important to begin with the basics and then build on what one knows. The focus of The Countdown Experience is life change...not theoretical discussion.