Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in a covenant commitment for a lifetime. It is God’s unique way of revealing His union between Christ and His church. The husband and wife are of equal worth before God since both were created in God’s image. God has ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society.
- We believe there is one and only one living God. God is the Creator, Giver, and Ruler of all natural order. God is supernatural (above the natural order). God exist in three persons; Father–God, Son–Jesus, and Holy Spirit. God created the universe out of nothing (ex nihilo).
- We believe humans were created in God’s image (imago Dei), and are the crowning work of all creation. Humanity exists in both spirit and body. Man sinned against God and brought sin into the human race. This separated humanity from God. Therefore, a need for redemption exists.
- We believe we can know what is true through God’s revelation of Himself: General Revelation – a self-disclosure of God through elements of nature, history, and human life and experiences; and Special Revelation – God has chosen to unveil Truth through Jesus Christ and the Bible.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God; our sole mediator. We believe further He was born of a virgin, fully God yet fully man, lived a sinless life, His death on the cross as our substitutionary atonement for sin, His literal, bodily resurrection from the dead as He ascended into heaven and is now exalted at the right hand of God, His present ministry of intercession in heaven, and His future return will accomplish His redemptive mission.
- We believe the Bible has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth, without any mixture of error, for its matter. It is divinely inspired and ultimately authoritative.
- We believe in salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. Due to sin, Christ (existing as God and man) became man’s re-connection to God.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, His personality and His activity in regeneration, sanctification, and preservation.